Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
From February 2013 to 12 January 2018
CICECO, University of Aveiro
Master degree in Chemical Engineering
From September 2005 to July 2010
Faculty of Engineering University of Porto (FEUP)
From March 2018 up to now at CICECO, University of Aveiro
· Working on the extraction of valuable compounds from agro-forestry and food industry by-products using supercritical fluid extraction.
From February 2013 to January 2018 at CICECO, University of Aveiro
· Worked on the separation of triterpenic acids by simulated moving bed (SMB) chromatography.
· Designed and assembled a laboratory scale SMB chromatography unit.
· Developed a SMB simulator program in MATLAB capable of predicting the separation performance, by applying phe-nomenological modeling and numerical methods.
· Developed an optimization strategy for SMB processes based in statistical analysis and by applying Design of Experi-ments and Response Surface Methodologies.
From November 2011 to January 2013 at CICECO, University of Aveiro
· Working on the separation of triterpenic acids by simulated moving bed (European Project AFORE).
From November 2010 to November 2011 at CICECO, University of Aveiro
· Working on the development of a biomass-based polyol production process (EcoPolyol Project).
From November 2010 to January 2013 at CICECO, University of Aveiro
· Working on the modeling of ion exchange equilibrium.
Organization of an international scientific conference
13th International Chemical and Biological Engineering Conference (CHEMPOR 2018), 2-4 Out. 2018
· CHEMPOR 2018 is an international scientific conference in the fields of Chemical and Biological Engineering which, in 2018, was organized by the University of Aveiro and Ordem dos Engenheiros.
· I was a member of a five person team responsible for the organization of the conference.
Management of Research Laboratory
November 2015 up to now at EgiChem Laboratory, University of Aveiro
· Management of the EgiChem Laboratory coordenated by Prof. Carlos Silva. Responsible for the maintenance, cleaning and safety tasks of the laboratory and coordination of its members.
Colaboration in teaching activities
In 2015 and 2016 at Department of Chemistry, University of Aveiro
· Collaboration and assistance on the classes of Engenharia Avançadas das Reacções Químicas (1st Semester/5th year, MIEQ, UA). Advanced problem solving using numerical methods and Matlab.
Web design and development
· Created my research group website (egichem.com), composed by a public section and a private area with inventory management tools.
Portuguese: Native language
English: Experienced user (C2 European level). First Certificate in English (University of Cambridge – ESOL Examinations) in 2004
French: Basic user (A2 European level)
Over 6 years experience in laboratory work.
Experience with HPLC and spectroscopy techniques.
Experience in the modeling and optimization several processes using phenomenological models, numerical methods, statistical techniques and Artificial Intelligence.
Aplication of Design of Experiments (DOE) and Response Surface Methodologies (RSM) for the efficient design of experiments aimed at process optimization as well as the use of several DOE softwares (Design Expert, Statistica, JMP).
Advanced Matlab programming experience: application of numeric methods and optimization algorithms, process modeling and simulation.
Python programming experience for scientific computation, machine learning, automation, web scrapping.
Aspen Tech software for engineering design and process simulation.
Extended knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Project), including VBA integrated in MS Office applications, file automations, macro programming.
Journal Articles () | Book Chapters () | Communications ()